Inmates must obey all of the rules and regulations of the Department of the Jail. Inmates may not display disruptive, threatening, or abusive behavior toward other inmates and/or staff. If behavior is disruptive, disciplinary measures will be taken in accordance with the Department of the Jail disciplinary charges and penalties. Criminal charges may be filed as a result of criminal behavior.
HOW CAN I VISIT AN INMATE AND WHAT ARE YOUR VISITING HOURS?
- The Registration System can be accessed from any computer 24 hours a day.
- If outside the Jail go to http://jailvisitation.alachuasheriff.org, and choose “visitation” in the main menu area.
- Inmates not on disciplinary confinement will be provided opportunity for two hours of non-contact visitation per week (Sunday through Saturday), however, please note that depending on where the inmate is housed, a visitation schedule applies.
- Sessions can be two 1-hour sessions or one 2-hour session with a total of 2 visitors per session.
- Children under 24 months of age do not count toward the number of allowed visitors and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Visitors must follow the dress code posted in the Lobby and will not be allowed to visit if in violation.
- Visitors who become rude and/or use vulgar or abusive language while in the Lobby or visitation areas will be asked to leave the facility.
- Visitors may only visit one inmate per day and are only permitted to visit the inmate they have signed up to visit.
- Property for inmates will not be accepted during visitation and no items will be transferred between a visitor and an inmate.
All visitors must successfully clear the metal detector or be searched prior to entering the facility. Introduction of contraband is a violation of State law and may result in arrest and criminal prosecution.
Proper photo identification is required and can be:
- Driver’s license or State Identification Card
- Military photo identification
- Valid passport
The Lobby Clerks will provide assistance if needed.
Internet visits are now being offered as another option for visitors to choose when scheduling inmate visits. The same web address is used for this option: http://jailvisitation.alachuasheriff.org
The option of internet visitation allows visitors to visit inmates over the internet from their home or other convenient location. Internet visits must be scheduled at least 1 day in advance and may be scheduled as far as 3 weeks in advance.
- Eligible inmates are allowed 2 (paid) internet visits per week in addition to the 2 hours of free visitation allowed at the facility.
- Internet visits may be scheduled as a 10 minute visit for $4.00 or as a 25 minute visit for $10.00.
- All major credit cards, check cards, and Visa Gift cards are accepted; visitors will enter their credit card billing information when scheduling this visitation option.
- Internet visits are offered 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. based on a set schedule that does not conflict with on-site facility visits.
- Cancellation of internet visits: Full refunds will be issued for visits canceled by the facility. No refunds will be issued for internet visits stopped by the facility due to inappropriate behavior or dress.
- PAID VISIT REFUNDS: (full refunds when visit is canceled by the visitor or family 48 hours or more in advance)
- 48+ hours in advance: 100% refund
- 24-48 hours in advance: 50% refund
- Under 24 hours in advance: NO refund
For questions about the internet visitation option call Renovo at (855)208-7349 or call the Jail directly at (352) 491-4444.
HOW CAN I MAKE A PHONE CALL TO AN INMATE?
- Inmates cannot receive phone calls, however, they are permitted to make outgoing phone calls.
- Telephone privileges will be provided daily between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- All inmate calls must be made collect to the recipient. Credit card and third-party billing will not be permitted. Prior to calls being allowed, the party the inmate is calling must set up (establish) an account with SECURUS (the jail’s telephone service vendor) by calling toll-free number 1-800-844-6591.
- The lengths of telephone calls are automatically monitored and limited to fifteen (15) minutes. Notification is provided prior to the expiration of the fifteen (15) minute time limit.
HOW CAN I SEND MAIL TO AN INMATE?
For the safety and security of the inmates and staff at the Department of the Jail, all incoming mail, with the exception of privileged/legal mail, must be in the form of a postcard only.
The mailing address of the Jail is: 3333 NE 39th Avenue Gainesville, FL 32609
All postcards must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 3 ½” by 5” but no larger than 4 ¼” by 6”
- Must be pre-stamped
- Must include the inmate’s full name
- Must include a complete return address
HOW CAN I SEND MONEY OR CARE-PACKAGES TO AN INMATE?
Deposits can be made into inmate accounts by:
- Using the financial kiosk located in the Jail Lobby. (Bills, except for $1.00 bills, are accepted; Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted.)
- Depositing a money order in the Lobby drop-box.
- An ATM machine is located inside the inner portion of the Jail Lobby for public use.
- Going online to AccessCorrections.com or MyCarePack.com – these outside vendor sites provide money and care packages directly to inmates.
Note: The full inmate MNI number is needed for transactions.