The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office website is designed to help you find information you need regarding the agency, but we won’t ask that you memorize our organizational chart to find it. Some helpful linked areas on our site include:
The Office of the Sheriff supports the Sheriff of Alachua County for all routine operational and administrative tasks, including key functions in:
- The Accounting and Budget Bureau, responsible for the sound and timely accounting of all fiscal matters.
- General Counsel, providing legal advice and counsel to the Sheriff, Sheriff’s Office command staff, and employees
- Our Trauma Intervention and Special Services Bureau, promoting innovative best practices for vulnerable victim populations that are both victim-centered and trauma informed
- The Policy and Accreditation Unit, researching, writing, editing, and promulgating policies and procedures.
- The Public Information Office, the conduit for the most up-to-date information for the community for all matters relating to the Alachua County Sheriff ’s Office.
The Office of Professional Standards investigates all Formal Complaints, and conducts Internal Affairs Investigations along with other tasks.
Our Department of Operations includes some of the most familiar aspects of law enforcement, such as the Patrol Operations Division – on the streets daily and the first responders you expect to see, the Patrol Support Division – bringing special teams and support, Judicial Services & Training, as well as our Reserve Unit.
Our Department of Support Services – includes Detectives in our Criminal Investigations Division, the dispatchers and telecommunicators that serve in our Technical Services Division, as well as the professionals that maintain records and other key agency functions in the Administrative Services Division.
Our Department of the Jail is a Florida Corrections Accreditation Commission accredited facility, twice receiving their Excelsior Award, and we post information on how to do an Inmate Search as well as check on Inmate Services such as visitation, calls, and care packages through our website.