The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office website is designed to help you find information you need regarding the agency, but we won’t ask that you memorize our organizational chart to find it. Some helpful linked areas on our site include:
Office of the Sheriff
The Office of the Sheriff supports the Sheriff of Alachua County for all routine operational and administrative tasks, including key functions.
- General Counsel, provides legal advice and counsel to the Sheriff, Sheriff’s Office command staff, and employees.
- The Public Information Office is the conduit for the most up-to-date information for the community for all matters relating to the Alachua County Sheriff ’s Office.
- The Government and Community Relations Unit serves as a liaison between local, state, and federal government entities.
- The Office of Professional Standards investigates all formal complaints and conducts Internal Affairs Investigations, along with other tasks.
- The Human Resources Bureau handles employment functions such as recruitment, hiring, employee benefits and retirement.
Department of Operations
Our Department of Operations includes some of the most familiar aspects of law enforcement, such as the Patrol Operations Division – on the streets daily and the first responders you expect to see and the Patrol Support Division – bringing special teams and support.
Department of Support Services
Our Department of Support Services includes Detectives in our Criminal Investigations Division, which includes our Victim Advocate Unit, which promotes innovative best practices for vulnerable victim populations that are both victim-centered and trauma informed. The department also includes deputies and staff in the Judicial Services and Training Division, as well as our Reserve Unit. The Policy and Accreditation Unit, researches, writes, edits, and promulgates policies and procedures according to best practices and accreditation standards.
Department of Administrative Services
Our Department of Administrative Services includes many of the administrative functions of the agency including the dispatchers and telecommunicators that serve in our Technical Services Division, as well as the processionals that maintain records, finances, information technology and other key agency functions. The Accounting and Budget Bureau is responsible for the sound and timely accounting of all fiscal matters.
Department of the Jail
Our Department of the Jail is a Florida Corrections Accreditation Commission accredited facility, twice receiving their Excelsior Award, and we post information on how to do an Inmate Search as well as check on Inmate Services such as visitation, calls, and care packages through our website.