The Records Bureau customer service window is open 7am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday, and is located in the lobby of our Administration Building at 2621 SE Hawthorne Road in Gainesville.
Utilizing Livescan equipment capable of producing printed copies and electronic transmissions or the manual ink process.
- Citizen Requests
- Compromised Identity
- Employment Processing
- Other Government Services
- Name Change Petitions (Section 68.07, FS)
- Seal and Expunge Applications
- ACSO Applicants – Electronically Transmitted
- Concealed Weapon Permits – Electronically Transmitted
- Other Government Agency Applicants
- Unescorted Building Access Processing
Security Consideration – Backpacks and large containers are prohibited in the fingerprint area.
Services provided to the public and associated fees are:
- Local Arrest History Checks $6
- Concealed Weapon Fingerprinting (Photo ID Required) $5
- Other Fingerprinting Services (Photo ID Required) $10
Picture ID is required as some information may be restricted to certain persons.
Only cash, money orders, or business checks are accepted; no personal checks or credit/debit cards.
Summary Exempt from Payment (See Service Fees Exempt List, RB 10-01)
- Alachua County Criminal Justice and Government Agencies
- Fire and Rescue
- Guardian Ad Litem
- United States Military
- Child Advocacy Center
- Partnership for Strong Families
- Department of Children and Families
- CDS Family Behavioral Health Services (Formerly Corner Drug Store)
- Youth program facilities
- Group cluster homes/agencies for persons with disabilities
- Volunteers with non-profit organizations
- Department of Juvenile Justice
Summary Payment Required (See Service Fees Charge List, RB 10-02)
- All employment/applicant services (excluding the exemptions above)
- Student interns
- Volunteers with profit organizations