The Accounting and Budget Bureau is responsible for the sound and timely accounting of all Accounting and Budget matters of the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Accounting and Budget Bureau prepares the annual budget for presentation to the Board of County Commissioners and monitors the budget throughout the year. The Bureau also hosts the annual independent audit and prepares the financial statements that are presented to the Auditor General.
More detailed responsibilities of the Accounting and Budget Bureau include:
- Accounts Payable – Processes the timely payment of all invoices.
- Payroll – Processes payroll checks for more than 900 employees and ensures compliance with all Federal and State reporting requirements related to payroll.
- Purchasing – Processes all purchase requisitions and prepare various bids throughout the year.
- Agency Funds – Accounts for all monies held in trust for other agencies or other individuals.
- Grant Financial Reporting – Prepares and submits financial reports in compliance with grant requirements.
Contracts and Grants Unit
The Contracts and Grants Unit performs grant research, development, implementation and compliance monitoring of all grants and routes and maintains a repository of all monetary contracts for the agency.